Summertime is the perfect opportunity for kids to get creative and organized. One way to achieve both of these goals is to have them keep a journal. This can be a fun way for them to document their summer adventures, as well as track their progress on various goals they may have set for themselves.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases when you click on the links; at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for more information.
Tips to get your kids creative and organized using a journal
If you’re looking for a way to help your kids stay creative and organized this summer, why not have them keep a journal? Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Choose the right journal. There are many different types of journals available, so it’s important to choose one that will be suitable for your child’s needs. If they’re not very good at writing, for example, you may want to consider a journal that has pre-printed lines or grids. If they’re more of a visual learner, you may want to choose a journal with lots of blank space for them to doodle and draw in.
2. Encourage them to be creative. The whole point of having a journal is to encourage creativity, so don’t be too strict about what goes in it. If your child wants to include a drawing or a poem alongside their writing, let them!
3. Set some goals. If you want your child to use their journal as a tool for goal-setting, help them to choose some realistic goals to work towards. These could be things like reading a certain number of books over the summer or learning a new skill.
4. Make it fun. One of the best ways to encourage your child to use their journal is to make it fun for them. Consider letting them decorate the cover, or adding some fun stickers to the inside pages. You could also give them small rewards for filling up their journal, such as a trip to the ice cream store.
5. Be patient. It may take a little while for your child to get into the habit of using their journal regularly. Don’t worry if they don’t write in it every day – just encourage them to use it as often as they can.
With these tips, you’re sure to help your child make the most of their journal this summer!
My Summer Plans Kids Journal [Free Printable]
I have created a free printable summer kids journal for you that is perfect for this purpose. This printable journal has a variety of different prompts and activities for kids to complete over the summer, from writing down their favourite memories to drawing pictures of their summer adventures. The best part is that it’s free for download!